Four Stunning Infrared Electric Fireplace Models That Will Keep You Warm
- Infrared Technology: What Does It Mean?
- 1: Lynwood Infrared Electric Fireplace Media Cabinet
- 2: Corinth Wall or Corner Infrared Electric Fireplace
- 3: Wallace Infrared Electric Fireplace
- 4: Lexington Infrared Electric Fireplace Mantel
- Final Thoughts
If you’re looking for a supplemental heating source to keep you warm during the cold season, an infrared electric fireplace might do the trick. These units can typically warm up spaces up to 1,000 square feet, while also elevating your room’s design and ensuring a cozy and relaxing atmosphere. At the same time, these types of electric fireplaces remain reasonably cost-effective. Generally speaking, they shouldn’t cost you more than 12 to 14 cents/hour. Read on to familiarize yourself with some infrared fireplace basics, then check out our buying guide for four of the best models currently on the market.
Infrared Technology: What Does It Mean?
Fireplace-style heaters come in many shapes and forms, so it’s essential to understand how they work when you consider purchasing one. If you’ve been researching products for a while, you probably noticed that some of these fireplaces are labeled as electric, while others are called infrared. The main difference between them comes down to the technology they use to heat a room.
In simple terms, electric fireplaces generally contain a heating element and a fan. The heating element gets warm when the fireplace is plugged in and the fan blows hot air into the room. Meanwhile, an infrared electric fireplace produces infrared light, invisible to the naked eye. The warm light rays are then evenly distributed into the room. As a result, while electric fireplaces can do an excellent job in a small area (400 to 500 square feet), infrared units are recommended if you’re looking to heat a larger room (1,000 square feet).
At the same time, it can take longer for an electric fireplace to heat a room, while an infrared unit can do it almost instantaneously. However, the heat produced by an infrared model will disappear just as quickly. In spaces with electric fireplaces, the warmth will linger for longer.
As far as safety is concerned, both types of fireplaces are equally secure, even when used around children or animals. They don’t emit any kind of pollutants or smoke, so you don’t have to worry about allergies or funky smells permeating your carpets and upholstery. Even better, units are easy to assemble, with some models even shipped ready to go – all that’s left to do it plug them in and enjoy the ambiance.
In the end, there are pros and cons to each model. But if you’re after a supplemental heating source meant to handle a larger space, an infrared electric fireplace will serve you better. Let’s take a look at some of the best models currently on the market.
1: Lynwood Infrared Electric Fireplace Media Cabinet
The Lynwood fireplace is a smart choice for any room in the house. The attractive, traditional design will provide you with the authentic look and feel of a traditional hearth, while also offering the perks of a modern media center. It instantly grabs the eye thanks to its classy Vintage Cherry finish.
One of the best features of this fireplace is the ventilation in the back, which promotes airflow and reduces the buildup of heat around your electronics. Moreover, the fireplace comes with incredibly realistic flames, a remote control, and a timer function.
- There are two spectacular flame colors that come with this electric fireplace.
- It provides SpectraFire flame technology.
- There are three different brightness levels.
- A timer function lets you set up a 9-hour delay.
- An infrared firebox heats up to 1000 square feet.
- It is easy to set up.
- It has an attractive design.
- You will be amazed by how realistic the flame looks.
- It is a quiet infrared electric fireplace.
- • Can be difficult to assemble.
2: Corinth Wall or Corner Infrared Electric Fireplace
Featuring a gorgeous traditional Walnut finish, the Corinth Infrared fireplace has a mantel with intricately carved details that are likely to appeal to vintage lovers. Recommended for small to medium sized rooms, the unit can fit on a wall or in a corner space. Its Victorian look will likely dazzle guests, especially since the realistic flames ensure a snug atmosphere.
Thanks to infrared quartz technology, the fireplace produces stronger heat than a traditional fan-forced heater. The firebox features true-to-life resin logs and a glowing ember bed which add to the realistic factor.
- Classic Victorian style design.
- Handheld remote provided.
- It uses LED SpectraFire Plus technology.
- Five flame colors, five flame speeds and five brightness levels to choose from.
- It has realistic flames.
- Safer Plug technology monitors and prevents overheating.
- Burns quietly.
- Simple to set up.
- Doesn’t give off enough heat.
3: Wallace Infrared Electric Fireplace
Want to instantly add warmth and sheer elegance to any room instantly? The Wallace Infrared Electric Fireplace is sure to impress thanks to its rich wood finish. The simple lines and mantle-style top give the unit a timeless design appeal, while the modern features make it work great as an entertaining hub.
The fireplace can hold a 60-inch flat screen TV, with plenty of storage available for other electronics. It features 3D SpectraFire Plus technology, which translates to astonishingly realistic flames. Users can choose between five flame colors, brightness settings, and speeds. In other words, you can customize your faux fire to the max.
- Stunning dark cherry finish.
- Five flame colors, five brightness settings, and five speeds.
- This fireplace has a digital thermostat.
- Includes advanced Safer Plug Technology to stop overheating.
- Automatic timer for the faux flames to fade when needed.
- It works quietly.
- It has realistic flames.
- Spacious storage cabinets.
- Good warranty.
- Difficult to set up.
4: Lexington Infrared Electric Fireplace Mantel
A dashing 33″ infrared electric fireplace mantel in Empire Cherry, this elegant design features serpentine carvings, custom crown molding, and a plinth base. The firebox includes carved logs and glowing embers with the SpectraFire Plus flame technology, so the flames will look as close to the real thing as possible.
The unit can heat a room of up to 1,000 square feet. It includes a digital readout, is energy efficient, and offers several selectable effect options that allow you to create your ideal fire. The flame effects can be used with or without heat and a remote control is provided for easy access to settings.
- It displays a classic cherry finish with elegant moldings.
- Five flame settings and five flame colors.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- No emissions and no venting required.
- Easy to set up.
- Tipping restraint hardware included to prevent accidents and damage to the mantel.
- Realistic flames.
- One of the most elegant fireplaces on the market.
- It is quite noisy.
- It doesn’t throw off much heat.
These are a few of the best infrared electric fireplace models currently available. When deciding on which one to purchase, consider your budget and the type of technology you want in your fireplace. If you’re simply looking for a low-cost supplemental heating source, an electric fireplace may be more up your alley. But if you’re looking for a model that can heat a larger space, one of the stunning models above will have you covered.
Have any experience with any of these units? Sound off below. We’d love to hear from you!