The Top 10 Best Stone Electric Fireplace Models Money Can Buy
- 10. JAMFLY Electric Fireplace Wall Mantel in Faux Stone
- 9. JAMFLY Wood Electric Fireplace Mantel Package
- 8. 38-inch Electric Fireplace by Decor Flame
- 7. The Faux Stone Electric Portable Fireplace Light by OK Lighting
- 6. Southern Enterprises Rollins Convertible Corner Electric Media Fireplace
- 5. Southern Enterprises Media Electric Fireplace -- Faux Stone Front
- 4. Dark Wood and Stone Fireplace by OK Lighting
- 3. Southern Enterprises Media Electric Fireplace -- Faux Granite Finish
- 2. Plow & Hearth Electric Fireplace
- 1. Fieldstone Pine and Stone Fireplace by Dimplex
- Why Consider a Stone Electric Fireplace?
- Features to Look for in an Electric Fireplace
- Bottom Line
More often than not, people choose to incorporate electric fireplaces into their homes for one simple reason: they are easier to maintain than traditional wood burners. But besides the supplemental heating, fireplaces that run on electricity can also serve a decorative function, especially if you’re willing to invest a little extra money into a unit with a stunning finish. Stone electric fireplaces, in particular, will fit right into a rustic room and instantly elevate the décor, making for a great statement piece.
That being said, it’s important to consider the features when shopping for a fireplace, not just the eye-grabbing design. We’ve gathered some of the best models on the market below to help you figure out which stone electric fireplace will work for both your needs and budget.
10. JAMFLY Electric Fireplace Wall Mantel in Faux Stone
This one from Jamfly comes in a beautiful rustic style, with realistic flame effects that complement its warm glow. With a multi-function touch screen as well as a remote control, this electric fireplace is also incredibly easy to control. Best of all, it comes with a limited one-year warranty! You can find it on Amazon, where it rates 4.5 out of 5 stars.
9. JAMFLY Wood Electric Fireplace Mantel Package
Another product from Jamfly, this stove offers a different look and slightly different capabilities. It's also about half the price. With a stylish and environmentally friendly design, this electric fireplace earns customer praise for its quiet effectiveness. Customers on Amazon are highly satisfied, rating it 4.6 out of 5 stars.
It has multiple flame types and visual settings, allowing you a good degree of customization. It also comes with two heating modes. One is 750 watts, and the other is 1500. Like the other option from Jamfly, it comes with a one year warranty.
8. 38-inch Electric Fireplace by Decor Flame
The Decor Flame 38-inch fireplace is a fantastic freestanding option. This stone electric fireplace has a top quality fan that evenly distributes heat throughout the room. You can also run it without the heat function if you ever want to enjoy the flames during the warmer months. The fireplace comes with a remote control that allows you to operate it from across the room for convenience. An overheat cut-off device ensures your family will be safe from any overheating.
7. The Faux Stone Electric Portable Fireplace Light by OK Lighting
OK Lighting offers this faux stone electric fireplace that has a heater control and a dazzling flame effect which brightens up any room. The fireplace mantel produces a soft glow that ensures a relaxing ambiance year-round. Moreover, it measures 29.5-inches wide so it can fit easily into any space. It’s also portable, which means that you can move it from room to room without too much hassle.
6. Southern Enterprises Rollins Convertible Corner Electric Media Fireplace
Are you looking for more than just a fireplace? If so, this fireplace and media center from Southern Enterprises is a great one. This beautiful product is definitely a contender for the best stone electric fireplace.
The gorgeous design and ability to function as a media center make this electric fireplace a perfect centerpiece for your living room. Although it's a little on the spendy side, customers couldn't be more satisfied -- the average reviewer gives it a glowing 4.6 out of 5 stars.
5. Southern Enterprises Media Electric Fireplace -- Faux Stone Front
Southern Enterprises makes beautiful, stylish fireplaces, and so it's no surprise that more than one has appeared on our list.
This energy-efficient fireplace can quickly and quietly heat up to 400 square feet, according to the manufacturer. However, the one verified reviewer so far on Amazon confirms that this is a high-quality product, giving it a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It's stately and elegant, perfect for a study or living room.
One cool feature this fireplace has is hidden storage. This is a pretty useful thing to have, especially if you're looking to use a fireplace as part of a media center.
4. Dark Wood and Stone Fireplace by OK Lighting
The stone electric fireplace by OK Lighting is the ideal blend of darkness and light. The rich wood tones perfectly complement the stone color variance, ensuring a smooth and eye-grabbing finish. It measures 40.25-inches wide and offers an attractive glow from the realistic faux flames. This fireplace serves to create a cozy ambiance, but can also heat up a room to keep you warm and comfortable. It’s a heavy-weight unit, coming in at just over 100LBs. Remember that you might be eligible for free shipping, so it’s a good idea to check Amazon and see what delivery options are available to you.
3. Southern Enterprises Media Electric Fireplace -- Faux Granite Finish
If you are looking for a little bit lighter style than the previous option, this one from Southern Enterprises might fit the bill instead. It has the same hidden storage feature and heating capabilities, but is in a warmer, more inviting style. Depending on your home decor, it may be more suitable. They are both of similar high-quality construction.
On Amazon, it gets a decent rating of 4 out of 5 stars. The lone reviewer praises the beauty of the piece, but also states that it shipped with some minor damage.
2. Plow & Hearth Electric Fireplace
This efficient infrared quartz heater comes with a remote-control and features an automatic-off timer. The timer is adjustable from half an hour to nine hours. The fireplace mantle comes fully assembled, which means that you won’t have to do much once it’s there. It’s also a safe choice for households with children and/or pets. You should measure your space carefully before placing your order - the unit is 40 inches wide, 12 inches deep, and 40 inches high.
All in all, this freestanding fireplace is an efficient heater that offers several settings for flames, brightness, and speed. It can warm up a room of up to a thousand square feet, so it’s definitely a sturdy supplemental heating source during winter. You may be eligible for free shipping – remember to check Amazon to figure it out.
1. Fieldstone Pine and Stone Fireplace by Dimplex
On the pricey side, this fireplace from Dimplex comes in as one of the more expensive options on our top ten list — but the unit more than meets customer expectations. This beautiful stone electric fireplace features an elegant wood mantle, as well as a life-like flame effect with inner glow logs molded from wood logs for a realistic look.
The Fieldstone model comes with a remote control that allows you to turn the heat on or off. Moreover, you can easily adjust the settings and flame instantly from anywhere in the room. This 55.5-inch fireplace has a 26-inch electric firebox and is able to operate with and without heat. In short, it’s a stylish and practical choice for any household.
Why Consider a Stone Electric Fireplace?
True, no electric fireplace mantle, regardless of how realistic, can match a real fire. However, a few come very close. Plus, the electric version does offer some serious perks.
First off, an electric fireplace is low-maintenance. You don’t have to keep the fire going or clean the chimney – you plug it in and you’re good to go. They provide supplemental heat efficiently, but also ensure that snug ambiance we all crave during the cold season. Stone electric fireplaces are easy to assemble and some providers offer free shipping, so you might end up saving some cash in this department as well.
Finally, they’re safer than real flames, especially for households with kids, and work better in smaller spaces. All things worth considering when taking on a home improvement project that involves shopping for a supplemental heating source.
Features to Look for in an Electric Fireplace
When looking for an electric fireplace, three main features should be on top of your priority list:
- Safety – only purchase from trusted manufacturers and check the list of specifications carefully to make sure the unit will be safe. Prioritize fireplaces that come with a built-in safety shutoff and safe-to-touch glass.
- Power – if you’re buying an electric fireplace mainly for its heating capabilities, look for one with a powerful heater. While some smaller fireplaces do a good job at heating an average-sized room, others (like #2 on our list), can warm up an even larger space.
- Realistic flames – besides an appealing overall design, the electric fireplace should also come with flames that resemble the real deal. Some even offer extra features like backlighting, side lighting, and different color flames. When possible, look for video reviews online to see the fireplace in action to make sure it’s worth your hard-earned cash.
Whether you’re looking for a reliable heating source or want to be able to enjoy the warm atmosphere associated with glowing flames, you’ll likely find something on our list of best stone electric fireplace models to meet your needs. Remember to pay attention to the list of features and measure your available space carefully to ensure the unit will fit right in. You’ll be relaxing by the faux fire in no time.