Dimplex DF3033ST Electric Fireplace Review
Electric fireplaces are cost-effective, convenient alternatives to wood burning fireplaces. In fact, some people prefer electric versions. If you like the atmosphere a wood burning fireplace creates but are searching for an electric version for convenience and to save money, then the Dimplex DF3033ST electric fireplace is a perfect choice. It is known for its realistic flames. The firebox also delivers supplemental heating that you can turn on and off via the remote control. To learn more about the features, benefits, and possible drawbacks of the Dimplex DF3033ST electric fireplace, continue reading.
Dimplex DF3033ST Functions and Controls
- The Dimplex DF3033ST can spread supplemental heat in the room up to 350 square feet away. This is enough to easily warm most living rooms. You could choose to warm the living room with the electric fireplace instead of using the home’s heater. It comes with a remote control so that you can adjust the heat, lighting, and flame speed from your comfortable spot on the couch. The remote control has a digital display, making it easy to see precisely where your settings are. It can also turn the fireplace on and off.
- This electric fireplace features high-end Dimplex flame, which delivers a realistic log and ember effect. You can watch the flames flicker and embers pulsate just like in a real fire. The log set and ember bed are hand finished, improving its quality.
- The fan-forced heater is thermostat controlled, so you can maintain a consistent temperature in the room while using the fireplace with the heat on. This is not only convenient but helps you save energy as well.
- The inner glow logs utilize LED lights for greater efficiency and a more realistic fireplace experience.
You can either plug in the fireplace to use it or direct wire it to a 120V house current. It comes with a five-year warranty to give you greater peace of mind in your purchase. The Dimplex DF3033ST electric fireplace is also certified to UL and CSA standards. It’s important to follow the procedures and techniques outlined in the owner’s manual to prevent fire, injury, or death. The trim around the heater outlet becomes hot during use, so be careful not to touch it. You should also unplug the fireplace when it’s not in use. The Dimplex DF3033ST is not safe for outdoor installation or use in bathrooms and laundry areas.
Pros and Cons of Dimplex DF3033ST
Dimplex DF3033ST Advantages
- This electric fireplace establishes an elegant and attractive atmosphere in the room. It is a good, aesthetic fireplace to install if you enjoy hosting get-togethers at your home. The fireplace is also ideal for people who want a beautiful fireplace to look at without the hassle of feeding it wood. You can use the fireplace without the heat on to purely use it for aesthetics whenever you desire.
- The flames flicker and the embers pulsate to create a realistic look. Watching a fire burn in a fireplace or campfire is relaxing. Having to gather the wood and ignite it isn’t always a task you’re up to. Thus, the Dimplex DF3033ST electric fireplace solves that problem by creating a realistic display of wood burning for your viewing pleasure.
- It operates quietly, allowing you to contemplate in silence as you watch the flames. For those who find noise level an important factor in buying an electric fireplace, this quiet fireplace is an ideal choice.
Dimplex DF3033ST Disadvantages
- Some customers said that the fireplace didn’t give off enough heat. If you live in a cold climate and plan on using an electric fireplace for heating, then the Dimplex DF3033ST might not be the best choice. It was designed to be more of a decorative fireplace with supplemental heat, which it excels at.
- Certain parts of the fireplace become hot during use, such as the trim. People must, therefore, know not to touch it. This could also be a safety concern if you have young children. You must take precautions to ensure young children don’t burn themselves on the fireplace.
Our Recommendation When It Comes to Picking Dimplex DF3033ST
The Dimplex DF3033ST can keep you warm during cooler weather while cutting energy costs. Some homeowners have started incorporating supplemental heating methods, like this electric fireplace, to save money on energy costs. A supplemental heating product keeps one area of the home warm, so you don’t have to heat the entire house. It’s similar to turning the light off when you leave a room. There’s no need to have the light or heat on when you’re not in the room.
The Dimplex DF3033ST looks better than a space heater. If aesthetics are important to you, then installing this electric fireplace is a better option than acquiring a space heater. This fireplace looks beautiful both on and off, enhancing your home decor. It provides the same benefits as many space heaters do and can even save more on energy.
Because this electric fireplace is an insert type, it’s most suitable for those who have a fireplace but want to replace it or don’t use it. A fireplace insert is cheaper than renovating or replacing an existing fireplace. Using an electric fireplace insert provides additional insulation for the room as well, so you may benefit from a more powerful warming ability with the Dimplex DF3033ST. Installing an electric fireplace insert also stops your home from losing heat through the chimney as well. This results in more energy savings and better insulation.
The Dimplex DF3033ST serves well at mimicking the beauty and warmth of a fireplace without the necessity of burning wood and cleaning the chimney. Many customers praise this electric fireplace for how realistic it looks. It is also easy to set up and allows the user to adjust the three different features – lighting, heat, and flame speed – individually. You can find the perfect fire to suit the mood. This versatility makes the Dimplex DF3033ST a highly desirable electric fireplace. It does a decent job of heating the room when the heat function is on too. As long as the room isn’t larger than 350-400 square feet, you will benefit from its supplemental heating function.
If you think this electric fireplace is what you’re looking for, give it a try in your home. Come back later to let us know how you like the fireplace. Already own a Dimplex DF3033ST? How has your experience been so far?