Heat Surge Electric Fireplace Repair – 4 Steps
Unquestionably, a well-heated home is better than a cold one. However, in some climates, it can be truly expensive to heat the entire house. By only heating the rooms you need, Heat Surge fireplaces help you feel warm and cozy without going spending too much money. In addition, they offer a soothing and mellowing realistic flame effect that comes a long way in making your home feel more inviting.
For that reason, Heat Surge electric fireplaces have already been adopted by many families and businesses. However, like all electric appliances, these products can sometimes break down or fail. In order to help you solve that kind of problem, this guide will give you 4 great tips for Heat Surge Electric Fireplace repair.
1. If Your Heating Unit Shuts Off Unexpectedly
- Check the power cord: More often than you would think, people call their local Heat Surge Electric Fireplace repair center complaining about their unit shutting off unexpectedly. Sometimes, this problem is due to a legitimate malfunctioning of the unit. However, due to the high quality of the products offered by Heat Surge, this is a rare occurrence.
More often, this problem has to do with an interruption of the electricity supply that comes into the appliance through a power cord. Check that power cord is correctly plugged into an electrical outlet. If the electric fireplace still does not work, make sure the electrical outlet is working properly.
- Check for Obstructions: If you have made sure that the power cord is correctly connected to an electric outlet, but the appliance still won't work, it's time to look a bit deeper. The next step is checking for obstructions.
Before doing anything, however, you should let the unit cool down for at least ten minutes. Once that time has passed, you will be able to safely look for obstructions. If you find one, remove it using clamps or another such tool.
- Reset: The final step you can take in order to get your Heat Surge electric fireplace working again is resetting its built-in 15 amp circuit breaker. This circuit breaker is placed in every unit to help protect it against electrical surges.
In order to do this, find the button that is located in the upper left section of the back of the unit. After pressing it, wait for 2 minutes before trying to turn on the appliance.
2. If Your Heating Unit Tips Over
- Check for damage: In order to be as safe as possible, Heat Surge's electric fireplace units automatically turn themselves off whenever they are tipped over. After returning it to its upright position, check the unit for damage.
If you find that the unit has suffered damage, unplug the unit and contact Heat Surge's customer service for further assistance. However, if there is no visible damage to the unit, try turning it back on.
3. If Your Surge Electric Fireplace Unit Does Not Illuminate Properly
- Tighten the light bulbs: Often, people looking for tips regarding Heat Surge Electric Fireplace repair complain about their unit for not illuminating properly. Luckily, it may be a simple case of loosened light bulbs. If this is the case, you will need to open the unit in order to tighten the light bulbs.
After turning it off and unplugging it, wait at least 10 minutes for the unit to cool down. Unscrew the screws keeping the panel cover in place. Remove the cover, and you will see the light bulbs. Keep in mind that, in order to tighten them, you will need to first remove the light bulb covers.
After tightening all the light bulbs, you may try plugging in the power cord and turning the unit on. If everything is now working properly, turn off the unit, unplug the power cord, and screw the cover of the unit's panel back in place. Plug the cord back into the electrical outlet and turn the unit on.
4. If Your Surge Electric Fireplace Unit Produces Banging Noises
- Check the flame tube: One of the most common complaints from customers seeking Heat Surge Electric Fireplace repair is hearing banging noises coming from the lower half of the fireplace.
Almost always, this problem has to do with a flame tube that is not in its ideal position. In order to put it back in its place, you will need to first unplug the fireplace from the electrical outlet and let it cool down. After at least fifteen minutes, you can proceed by removing the front cover that is below the logs. In order to do so, you will have to remove two screws.
After removing the cover, the flame tube will be visible on the left side of the appliance. Grab it gently, put it in an upright position, and insert its shaft into the hole that is located in the center of the bracket. After making sure it is firmly and securely placed, replace the lower front cover. Once again, plug the electrical cord into the power outlet. Finally, turn the unit back on.
As the reviews and testimonials online clearly show, the Heat Surge brand offers great value. By working as a supplemental source of heat for individual rooms, its fireplaces can help make a specific environment feel cozier and more inviting. As if that wasn't enough, it simultaneously works as a visual centerpiece that is both relaxing and enticing.
Because of its great value, however, it can be heartbreaking when your Heat Surge Electric Fireplace does not work properly. Hopefully, the four tips for Heat Surge Electric Fireplace repair that were presented in this guide will help you maintain your unit up and running for a long time to come. Have you come across any other valuable tips for repairing this kind of unit? Let us know in the comment section below!