An attractive alternative to wood and gas fireplaces, electric fireplaces offer convenience because they don’t require hook-up to gas lines or venting. At the same time, they add a special touch to any room to make it feel cozier. In this article, we’re going to look at the most realistic electric fireplace options and how each one benefits you.
This list is organized based on the products’ price, from lowest to highest, and it will take into account the lighting, features and special effects.
1: Fire Sense Black Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
This is one of the most realistic electric fireplace options, and it includes a small motor that runs what looks like flames. Sometimes the motor does get excessively loud to where you can hear it from across the room, but that’s a minor problem compared to the price you’re paying for it.
The Fire Sense Black Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace does produce heat from the top part, but the heat rises to the ceiling fast. It makes sense for small rooms where you might not otherwise have space for a bigger unit.
- It comes with a handy remote that lets you turn on the fireplace, rather than having to light it.
- You can mount the fireplace wherever you want.
- It has heat settings with different levels of comfort.
- This fireplace features intuitive controls.
- Simple controls.
- Different heat settings based on need.
- Mount the fireplace wherever you want.
- The remote adds to your convenience.
- Cheap fireplace with realistic looking flames.
- The heater fan is loud.
You can purchase this realistic electric fireplace for the price of $129.72.
2: The Dimplex DFI2309
As a fireplace insert, the flames of the Dimplex DFI2309 look highly realistic, and you can remove its exterior part if you decide. The controls on the remote are minimal to ensure easy use of this fireplace. This fireplace is more realistic than a lot of the fake ones that you found in the past.
- This is a 1375-watt electric fireplace.
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- The DFI2309 fireplace has a fan-forced heater.
- It has a patented flame technology.
- The flames look great.
- The smell of wood smoke for added realism.
- Great look and ambiance.
- Happy middle-ground in terms of price.
- Doesn’t throw much heat.
You will only pay $166.98 for the Dimplex DFI 2309.
3: Dimplex DLGM29 Opti-Myst Open Hearth Fireplace
Regarding realness, few of the fireplaces can compare to the Dimplex DLGM29 Opti-Myst, and the flames look so real you might think you have an actual fireplace in the home. The realism happens with water vapor mist, and this fireplace also has a classy design that looks great. Also, it lasts a long time, but you have to exercise caution with the overfill, or it could leak and saturate at the bottom.
What’s one of the biggest advantages of going with one of the most realistic electric fireplace options? The greatest advantage over the gas venting fireplaces is safety. As more than a couple of people discovered after they left a fireplace unattended, it can burn down the home if you’re not careful, but electric fireplaces have no such danger.
- It comes with an easy fill water tank—lasts between 14 to 17 hours before you have to refill.
- This electric fireplace has a one-year warranty.
- You will receive a remote to turn the fireplace on or off.
- It has life-like and patented 3-dimensional flame.
- Realistic flames.
- Remote control for convenience.
- The green choice for a fireplace.
- High safety level.
- Gives off no actual heat.
Clocking out at a price of $749.98, the Dimplex DLGM is one of the more expensive, yet most realistic electric fireplace options that you will find.
4: 53.5″ Chambord Electric Fireplace
Likely one of the most elegant and most realistic electric fireplace options money can buy, this mahogany electric fireplace has a stylish detailing with artistic carving and a black granite top. A look in the firebox reveals 30 inches, and it includes a remote control. The realism of the logs can’t be compared to much else, and the soft glowing embers with an inner glow mimic the real thing.
This energy efficient fireplace is safe, and you can install it in almost any room for a classy finish. As far as economical goes, you can operate this fireplace for pennies on the hour, and because it doesn’t emit carbon monoxide or emissions from combustion, you have a solid green product. Also, you will never have to clean this unit, and it comes with a three-year warranty.
- It has a 30-inch firebox.
- This fireplace comes with a thermostat controlled fan-forced heater.
- It comes with a remote control.
- You can turn the flame brightness up or down based on need.
- Remote control for convenience.
- Green choice.
- Aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
- A soft fiery glow looks so realistic.
- It is quite expensive.
The 53.5″ Chambord Electric Fireplace costs $3960.00, which makes it one of the high-end products on this list. Still, it’s one of the most realistic electric fireplace options on this list, and it has such a classy styling to it.
Putting It All Together
These are some of the most realistic electric fireplace options you will find. They range from the budget conscious to the elegant with tons of style. Since they first came out, electric fireplaces have come a long way in the level of realism behind them. You can now buy fireplaces that look more realistic than ever before. If you have any experiences with these fireplaces, we’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Image source: 1